Well, I haven't come up with anything groundbreaking to say, except to reiterate how much I sincerely admire and kind of have a crush on Barack Obama. What a guy. How nice is it that I can honestly say, with no reservations, that I think our President is a really great person? It feels so GOOD to say that.
Anyway, to help you get over your post-inauguration let-down blues and through hump day, here are some fun links and other goodies:
Go Around Twice If You're Happy, a public art piece in Dubai. It warms my cold January little heart.
On my favorite site, Overheard In New York, here's a funny bit from a guy who may have been trying to direct someone to my old apartment near Fordham:
Guy on cell, giving directions: So you take the D line... No, D as in "David." D! D! A, b, c, d! (pause) No, D. Okay...then you walk down to Hoffman Street... Hoffman Street, as in "Dustin Hoffman." He's that actor, with a big nose, that you really like, the one that's in that movie about your life...yeah...yeah! He's a cross-dresser! Tootsie! That's you, bro!
--Arthur Ave
Overheard by: eternal student
Here's a site for all your get-well present needs this cold and flu season: Giant Stuffed Microbes of Joy.
And, of course, a particularly humorous installment from Fuck You Penguin, a blog where the blogger tells cute animals what's what.
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment