So, I niche-d myself the other day, into the area of human stupidity. But I've been thinking more about it recently, and I've noticed that I haven't really written since then, because there are two simultaneous obstacles to keeping up a steady flow of posts on that subject:
1) People are REALLY stupid, and it's kind of overwhelming to point out at all the interesting cases of such omnipresent dumbness.
2) There's a very specific kind of stupidity I'm really looking for, which is actually boiled down into a different concept than simply responding to acts of real mindlessness. What I'm really after are the kinds of dumbness that could, if people think critically (like I do. I mean, I have a blog. Obviously I'm a thinker.), cause fear and induce paranoia in the informed masses. I've realized that deep down inside, I distrust humanity because when we get together in large numbers, we do really, really idiotic things. Usually under the guidance of some megalomaniacal retard who started out with a notion of goodness, but who's morphed into a deranged mutant psychopath more obsessed with money, self-aggrandizement, and his own legacy that he fails to realize there will be no legacies if his plans are put into action and humanity dies a horrible collective death. These are the people who do stupid, stupid things like developing ever more sophisticated robotics in the face of all science fiction tells us. Or continuing to ignore the fact that sea levels will probably rise soon, and selling beach-front property like it's eternal. Or abandoning investments in renewable energy sources during the beginning of what could turn into a depression. The list goes on and on.
And in all these things, there is the bud not only of serious stupidness, but of really insidious ignorance. An unwillingness to look ahead that can cost us the future of our species. Somebody has got to stand before the onslaught of institutionalized moronic behavior and try to take the deranged beast down. Somebody has got to try to educate the masses, to remind it of its responsibility to use its brain, the best part of itself.
The blinded, blinkered, money-drunk, fame-craving, glory-mongering mental patients running this whole spectacle are out to get us, and some of them are too stupid to even know it. We've got to sniff out the doom before it's birthed, folks. That's where I come in. I'll spend my hours of "work" every day staring at this computer screen, answering the phone, and dreaming of a better world where people aren't such drooling idiots, scouring the corners of the internets to bring you bits of information so bone-chillingly weird, so twisted and bizarre, that you'll get The Fear, too. And together, dear friends, we shall become The Informed. The Strong. And the Paranoid.
So, that being said, there's not a whole lot of stretching of the imagination that one has to perform to understand the abject terror that this has inspired in me. Bill Gates, at the annual TED conference, just today unleashed a swarm of mosquitos into a crowd of people during a talk, with the words "Not only poor people should experience this." 'This' being malaria. Of course, none of the mosquitos this madman released were actually carriers of the dread disease, but he didn't tell the terrified crowd this until several minutes later. Luckily, the crowd at the TED conference is a bunch of rich, pretentious bastards who wouldn't want to look undignified screaming and running from the scene over a bunch of bugs, and probably assumed that Bill Gates is too 'civilized' to actually infect them with a deadly disease, but this act goes way beyond just 'making a statement.' This is the onset of lunacy, my friends.
Remember what I said about money-drunk megalomaniacs? Not to say that Gates is necessarily a bad guy: he and his wife Melinda, two of the richest people in the world, give out huge amounts of money to charities, scholarships, and research funds every year, and are particularly interested in ending Malaria. All very nice of them. But just because you're richer than God doesn't mean you can go around releasing possibly-deadly insects into crowds, dude.
I'm telling you guys: keep an eye on this one. He's up to something. I think he's gotten so tired of yapping people's ears off about malaria and being ignored that he's thinking about taking matters into his own hands and just giving it to everyone, so he can rule the clan of survivors (who will be malaria-resistent and thus fit for his probably robot-run world) with an iron fist full of mosquitos.
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment