But I am TOO excited to write about my paranoia today.
Because...
I just found out I'm getting published!
Aaaaaaaah!
A story I wrote while I was living in Chicago, called "The Hair Cut" (which, to be honest, I don't even particularly like), has been selected for publication in a forthcoming book from Pergola Publishing called "Memoirs of Meanness." The book is a compilation of true and fictional stories, and according to the publisher is being picked up by book groups, and high schools as an anti-bullying aid. Apparently due to financial problems (who doesn't have them?), Pergola underwent a change in management over the past year, but has gotten back on track with its publication schedule. So the story, which I submitted last April, is going in. They say they'd like to print next month!
My story is kind of a two-sides-of-one-brain theme, where I have a narrator telling a story that she keeps messing up, and eventually another part of her brain comes in to help her finish it, and, well, that side is mean. Hence the story fitting into the book.
There's no pay involved, but there's prestige! Fame! Accolades! And I get to do publicity if there are any events.
So, screw paranoia! The Universe LOVES me today!
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


YAY! Congratulation!
ReplyDeleteKick ass! Lynsey G rocks my world!
ReplyDelete