Seriously, you guys, I've been sitting here at my desk for like an hour now, poring through all my regular sources of news and blogs and commentary and cute animals pictures and anti-cute animal pictures and trivia... And I haven't seen one piece of information that has enraged me or piqued my paranoia. There were things I'm sure I could have written something pseudo-intelligent and properly rant-y about, for instance, Gmail going down for four hours during the European workday and this being enough fodder for articles in all major publications because it ground business to an almost complete halt. This is a bad sign regarding our total dependence on the internet, and on Google, which is just enough of a cloud site to be sinister, but then I realized that, well, I use Google for Gmail and this blog and some documents and who knows what else, and if my Gmail went down during my business day, I'd be pretty much lost too.
And even though that made me realize that there probably is a conspiracy going on - and not even a robot conspiracy, but a real human one, which is in many ways more infuriating because you can't expect anything but treachery from a damn AI machine, you SHOULD be able to expect some sort of loyalty from your own species, dammit! - to sell all my personal information to anyone willing to pay for it... And even though I have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker, and it would probably be best for me to cancel my facebook and myspace and google accounts, or at least remove the vast majority of information I have saved on them all... I just... Well I'm just in too good a mood to go on the long tangent this subject deserves.
I'm just... not upset.
I'm having way too good of a week so far. I've been productive, I got an e-mail from one of my favorite musicians, it's Mardi Gras, I'm getting enough sleep, I had a delicious lunch... I'm just... Content.
Sorry, readers. I'll have to work up some angst for tomorrow.
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


here, thought this was interesting: http://library.duke.edu/blogs/scholcomm/2007/05/29/fairy-use/
ReplyDeletedidnt actually read it, but the title of the article is just so appropriate to your blog.