That's right, folks. I've been trying to figure out a way to focus this blog so that I can... well... sell it more effectively. I'm beginning to take my writing a lot more seriously these days, and I've realized that one way to build an audience, and a name, and a style that people might find compelling enough to read if the writing leaps from the internet onto --gasp-- the printed page, is to find a niche for my blog writing. A reason for people to bookmark the blog and come back the next day to see what zany thing I've written about... whatever it is I'm writing about.
So, I've been thinking about the topics I've written on so far, and there actually seems to be a recurring theme. People being stupid. And while one could argue that basically all news stories and human activity center around this very basic function of humankind, I have a more particular kind of stupidity in mind: stupidity on such a scale or bearing such an official banner (in the name of science, government, etc.) that it gets passed off as something else than stupidity entirely. This, my friends, is the kind of moronic thinking and resulting behavior that we must all be on our guards against, for without the foresight to look at the possible results of our dumbness, we all may be doomed.
From now on, that's what I'm here for, folks. Warning us to what we're up to. Calling fouls on hair-brained ideas. Cautioning those who would jump head-first into a burbling cauldron of stupid. Watching out for you guys. Because, after all, I'm a disgrace to the forces of evil in that I DO want you all to be ok in the end. But I can't resist laughing as it all goes down.
I also hope to occasionally provide some links and humor, and kudos to art projects and other such endeavors as I see fit. Cause man cannot live on stupidity alone. Or bread, either.
Anyway, guys, I've niched! Let's get on with it!
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


Please work in the Robot-pocalypse at any possible point. I enjoy those brief breaks with sanity so!!! :)
ReplyDelete