Monday, June 1, 2009

Stumped.

Well. I really want to blog today but I just... I'm stumped. All I can think of to do is regurgitate some news article or post some video or ramble on about my weekend, but none of those things seem to fit the theme of the blog.

I think I've got a summer fever or something. All I want to do is just go sit in the park, where it's so green I could've sworn they were enhancing the trees with some sort of fake green color until I realized I was IN it, not watching it on TV. Creepy how we assume we're looking at everything through a lens these days, isn't it? Is that how you spell lens? Wow, I'm brain dead.

I had 3,000 words to write today for a magazine, so maybe I have an excuse, but I don't feel like anything I wrote really justifies my stupidity at this point. Also I guess I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I should have over the weekend, so maybe that's part of it.

I worked on Saturday morning, after a night of much vodka, and then had a modeling session/photo shoot on Sunday morning after much beer and three hours of sleep. The modeling was actually fun this time - partly because I really like the photographer and partly because I haven't done any modeling for so long. I really only ENJOY it when it's a concept I'm behind, and this one was hilarious: I cut up a wife beater and wore a pair of really beat up jeans, got myself all grungy looking (mascara for dirt under my fingernails and streaked on my skin, with some green eyeshadow as grass stains on my feet), made a little cardboard sign that said "Starving Model: Please Help" on one side and "Will Pose for Food" on the other, and went and posed enar this vacant lot in my neighborhood. It was hilarious. It was only 7:00 am so the streets were mostly empty, but a few lonely souls wandered by and gave us the weirdest looks. I'll put up some pictures when I get them, I suppose.

I've also had this idea that I can't decide if I want to model in/make happen photographically, or draw. But the other day on the train back from JFK (a loooong train ride, and I was verrrry tired, so my brain was doing interesting things), I thought how cool it would be to have a series of images of a woman climbing around and using the poles in the subway car as props. Like standing on seats and leaning out, holding onto the overhead bar, wrapping on leg around the middle bar and reaching out to the side bar with her hand, just kind of writhing and wriggling all around a totally empty car like that. Or, better yet, a full car, but that complicates the whole thing. And in my head she's like this creepy kind of heroin-chic fairy lady in a small, clingy dress - or if I draw her, totally nude - that looks like she's somehow a ghost or a spirit totally out of place on the subway... I think I might see if I can get a photographer on board and try it out, at like 3:00 am on a Tuesday or something... Input?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the grunge model photos!

    Plus I super support your subway idea. I can totally see that image drawn by your hand...and im sure some photographer could bring it to life (with you as the model, or course).

    ReplyDelete