I'm sure everyone who reads this already knows, but I wanted to at least mention the tragic passing of actor David Carradine, discovered dead in his Bangkok hotel room on June 3. Rumor has it he hung himself, and he was a guy who was known to contemplate suicide, so that seems believable. But there has not been an official investigation yet, and it WAS in Bangkok, so I guess we'll have to wait for the official report to know for sure.
Tip a glass to him when you go out tonight, folks. :(
In happier news, I had a dream last night that I was out busting ghosts with Bill Murray. We were fighting a somewhat mysterious apparition that was causing a lightning storm of sorts over a small observation tower at an airport, I believe, but unfortunately we were the only two at the scene, and instead of the Ecto-1, we were driving a somewhat beat-up white Honda with a very small trunk, into which Bill (he was Bill Murray in the dream, not Peter Venkman) had packed all of our equipment. Everything was stuck in there, and really hard to get out, and I was informing Bill that he was going to have to invest in some much lighter proton packs if he wanted me on the team because those things were way too big for me to be carrying around. Then I woke up. It was pretty sweet.
Beyond that I don't have a whole lot to report. It's a pretty disgusting rainy day here in the city, and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a good friend who will be crashing at my place for the weekend, so I'm gonna peace out, beyotches.
Le Gross National Happiness
16 years ago


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/05/carradine-had-rope-around_n_211689.html
ReplyDeletehere is what I just heard about his passing.
Kickass dream, btw. :)
that dream started out super exciting and fun, but got kind of weird, like you were going camping with bill murray rather than fighting the undead with him. i can not say i approve.
ReplyDelete