
Laziness is setting in... This week has been unaccountably long so far and quite busy and I'm starting to feel my energy level drop out from under me. Rather than losing it entirely by pushing myself too hard, here are some bits of awesome I've found scattered about on the cluttered floor of the Internetz.
1) From Overheard In New York:
Random hipster: If David Bowie had wheels, how much would you pay to ride on him?
--St. Mark's Place
(You guys know my answer to that question.)
2) I have to find a way to watch this show somehow, even though it airs in Britain. A sample question for the contestants:
Q: Macaulay Culkin is a child, but can you name an adult?
A: This was not as easy as it seemed, as the only acceptable answer was Tom Petty.
3) Speaking of British shows I love, check this out:
4) Taking a break from laziness, can I please just take a moment to ask why this story about South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford having an affair is such a big deal that it warranted front page placement in both the NY Times and Wall St. Journal (and probably many others - those are just the only 2 papers I see in physical paper form every day)?? Every time another politician admits to having had an affair, and the media goes crazy, and people start acting as if this is a HUGE story like Atlantis has fucking surface from the bottom of the ocean and our understanding of the world has irrevocably changed, I just scratch my head. I mean... Oh my gosh, somebody is having an AFFAIR? Well, isn't that novel. Oh, wow, and it's a POLITICIAN? Who knew politicians, those upstanding and morally unimpeachable pillars of the community, could have affairs? Isn't it shcoking?
....No, no it's not. LOTS of people have affairs, and politicians have probably more than average. Isn't this common knowledge by now? How many political sex scandals have to break per week for us to get this through our heads? Holy crap, people, calm down. Why should what a governor does with his dick have to have ANY impact on what he does for his state and constituents? I just... I don't get it. Can't we focus on something pertinent to something, please?
/end grumbling


No comments:
Post a Comment